August 10, 2009

Enduring Triathlon



My brother-in-law Steve, came in to town about a week ago. Among his to-do list was the Tri-for-fun triathlon, at Rancho Seco. The "for-fun" part of that title is for people like my brother-in-law. He has been running since he was a fetus. "Tri-andkeep-yourlife", would be a better title for a race that a 32-year-old mother who hasn't trained in 3 months and enters 48 hours before race time. Athletes like Steve "do" triathlons (and place), casual exercisers like me "endure" the sport of triathlon (and win a raffle for a gigantic box of Clif shots if they are really lucky). All joking aside, although Steve surely coerced me into this race, he also unselfishly supported me through it. After finishing his race, he doubled back and ran 3 miles in with me!

3 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter how you did it...just that you did it!!! :) Good for you. I would have died....actually died...because I am 40 not 32! You ROCK...you know I love you and now I am proud too!!! Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmm....Sherrie did you know about this? Seems like we should know about these "life events" so we can come and totally embarrass you...I mean support you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude way to go. There is no way I would have been able to do any kind of Tri-nothing. I wish I had half the strength and determination that you do. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete