July 26, 2009

Testimony



"We can have positive certainty of the reality of a personal God; the
continued active life of the Christ. . .; the divinity of the restoration
through Joseph Smith. . .These can be known to every responsible person as surely as the knowledge that
the sun shines. To fail to attain this knowledge is to admit that one has not paid
the price."
President Spencer W. Kimball


Today's Young Women's lesson was entitled "Testimony". We focused on Alma the younger and how he gained his testimony (Mosiah 27), shared his testimony (Alma 5), and challenged us to "grow" our own knowledge of the truthfulness of the gospel (Alma 32). My children were angels in Lowe's yesterday as I took my time deciding exactly how I was going to incorporate something out of the garden department into my handout. So when I started throwing up late Saturday night -all I could think about was getting better in time to teach my lesson Sunday morning (and how badly my toilet needed to be cleaned). I am thankful that I made it, was able to visit with my amazing young women, plus; I didn't drag the boys the Lowe's by myself for nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment