August 12, 2009

Supersonic Hearing


This morning, Sterling received his 3rd (yes, 3rd as in three) set of ear tubes to correct negative air pressure that he has in his ears. We discovered this problem after he perforated his ear drum twice (yes, twice as in 2 times) in the last 2 months-ouch! We soon realized that he couldn't pass a hearing test. Between our 3 boys this is our sixth(yes, six) set of tubes and second adenoidectomy. The surgeon said that everything went well and to expect better hearing immediately. She told us that with the amount of fluid and infection in his ears that he wasn't hearing his school teacher (and may I add his mother too). Sterling was a trooper because he was so excited to hear "really, really good". He also asked if the doctor was going to take the monkey out of his ear. Mission accomplished! I was able to talk to him without facing him as soon as the car ride home.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of monkeys in ears. Have I ever told you about the time I told my parents I was hearing voices. I think I had supersonic hearing also... or a monkey. Poor Sterling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor little man. no one wants to have surgery. i'm glad it went well. now you better watch what you say. he can hear it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy it went well! He looks so dang cut in his get-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for super hearing. Sterling is a champ.

    ReplyDelete