March 21, 2010

A Sea of Cards


Most of you know that I am a scrapbook consultant for a Utah based company called CLOSE to my HEART. My intentions of partnering with this company were never to make a living out of it, but simply to have access to a product line that I personally use. In fact, I am guilty of sharing my discount and perks in some way with practically everyone that ever ordered from me. I love paper crafting, and the notion of preserving my children's memories and keepsakes in a tangible form. That is why it breaks my heart to admit that soon after receiving my 5 year anniversary pendant from CTMH, my status dropped to Jr. consultant status because of a lack of sales. Initially, it seemed that this would be inevitable due to our precarious economy-and perhaps that had a small influence on my overall ordering volume. But I correlate my lack of sales to a lack of scrapbooking! My life is overcome with a variety of responsibilities that have unfortunately trumped the time necessary to keep up with my much loved hobby. When I am not scrapping among community and friends-I am not ordering for myself or community and friends!

That is why when my darling friend, Stefani, invited me to paper craft with her I eagerly blocked out my calendar! She was in need of thank-you cards in bulk. Stef is the master of card making and presented a darling template that could be easily recreated with a variety of paper combinations and embellishments. We set up an assembly line and before we knew it, had produced a couple dozen super cute and easy thank you cards. But more importantly, we took the time to feed that little creative monster that lives in most of us. And now that I have re-ignited that creative outlet-I can't wait to do it again. Thanks Stef!

My ties with CLOSE to my HEART are still intact. So if any of you are interested on getting back on that paper-crafting horse, please don't hesitate to let me help!!

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture - I came home and set them all up like that on my desk so I can smile every time I walk by the den. :) It was fun and I'm already thinking about a new design to mass-produce with you next time! Thanks Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready to order, hopefully you brought your catalog with you to Utah. I plan to do lots of scrapbook catching up this summer. We should try to plan an all scrapbook weekend together before Tiff leaves for France. Doesn't that sound awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scrapping pages and I'm super excited that you might actually start up again. By the way, (for those of you who might be reading this:) Amy actually did a whole book for Bree. (Christie's daughter) for Christmas and it was AMAZING. Wish we had pics of that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amy,

    My mother-in-law and her husband just got called on a mission to Roseville, CA. Isn't that near Sacramento? What else is nearby? Yosemite or the Redwoods? I'm completely California-geographically illiterate!

    If you have any tips for fun places to visit in the area, can you pass them along? We'll likely make a trip out during their 18 month mission, to show off the new baby and explore the area. chadandadri@aol.com

    Thanks!
    Adri

    ReplyDelete