March 15, 2010

Was Einstein Potty-trained?

My baby. He is 3 years and 4 months old and LOVES the alphabet. In fact, love may be an understatement. He loves the alphabet so much that I have to limit his time with his favorite toy-the alphabet puzzle-or he will prefer nothing else. He learned the alphabet and their corresponding sounds by the time he was three, and shortly after started recognizing common letter combinations ( ie. C-A-T). Now, I have lost track of the vocabulary that he is able to spell. Literally, he figures out new words everyday. Yesterday, it was S-H-E-E-P and D-U-C-K. In this picture he proudly spelled R-O-C-K-E-T and then said "cheeeeeese", indicating that he wanted his picture taken! The interesting part is that this is not done phonetically, but rather by memory. He has recently begun to discover the phonetic connection behind some words, and my guess is that he will be reading in the next 6 months. Now if I could just get my little genius potty-trained . . .

4 comments:

  1. That picture is so cute! I love the title of this post. I went to a friend's house the other day and they had this magnetic letters thing that when you put the letters in it said "the a says ah, the a says ah, every letter makes a sound the a says ah"... and who do you think I though of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just show off his genius everywhere you go and no one will even notice he's in a diaper :) the picture is really cute -- and I have that toy Christie's talking about if you want to borrow it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Jackson knew that he had accomplished something worthy of a Kodak moment. Man he's getting big. Don't you have those potty training videos? I'm sure Mickey does some potty training thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha - we are having the same problem with our 3 yr 6 month old child!!!! she can eat with chopsticks, brush her own teeth, but heaven forbid she can be potty-trained!

    ReplyDelete