December 8, 2009

What I hate about taking family pictures. . .



1. The best picture of me is always the worst for everyone else (above). It's about time I got to use a rejected picture that I secretly like!

2. Convincing three boys to get ready- please brush your teeth before you put your sweater on, yes you have to wear a sweater, please wipe your nose but not on your shirt, you're thirsty? no red punch, you're hungry? no crumbs and no chocolate anything, now please just sit still until it's time to go. . .

3. Convincing three boys to simultaneuously behave: Jackson look over here, Kaden smile-not that big-keep your eyes open, Jackson, Jack-son over here, Sterling you too, Jaaaack-sonnnnn, Kaden Sterling you're not smiling anymore-you just have to KEEP SMILING, JACKSON DALE. . .

4. An extremely photogenic husband that looks great no matter if he is trying or frustrated or tired. He is tan even though it is the month of December!

5. All of the above and a sitting fee doesn't guarantee that you are going to get something that is usable, or displayable, or that you even kind of like, even a little bit.
And sometimes, because your sister-in-law was willing to take 200 shots, you get just one that you LOVE. If you have ever stood behind me in line at the post office, ate beside me in a sit-down restaurant, or sat in back of me in church-then you must know that the civility that this picture captures, is a miracle! Thank you Sara for the best Christmas present ever.

13 comments:

  1. Holy cuteness! I'm starting to see why you love this color scheme. Is Matt gritting his teeth while tickling Jackson? Love the dialog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures turned out so cute! And I thought I had problems with 2 boys - you are amazing! What a great looking family! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This family picture is Ahhh - Mazing!! Love, Love, Love it! And seriously that picture is a miracle! I would give an internal organ to have a family picture like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually had a more traditional pose from Jackson-I just thought this one showed more personality. We are not perfect and neither should our picture be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it! You look great- everyone looks great. I want Sara to come up here and take ours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a fun day...can't wait to do it again!!! No I love those boys so it was worth every moment. Thanks for letting me do it.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been there, done that! (With the boys:) You both are so persistant and daring! Sure was worth the work though, they are all so CUTE. and have a LOT of personality!

    Good job Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMEN to your #1 reason!! That always happens with us too!! No fair, but I agree with you, one of these days you're gonna get a picture of the Danielson's and say "DANG - Stefani looks great!!!"...... someday.... :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s. I like both the pictures!! You are a good looking family :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You all look super cute! We will be in your same situation soon...almost time for our famly pics! YIKES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ugh...i feel your pain....every year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, Amy. You are still as beautiful as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! We got your cute family picture/Chrimstas Card today. What a good-looking crew!

    ReplyDelete