November 30, 2009

Thanksiving Chicken?


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with tons of family and tons of food. My Aunt Gaby, who is gracious host, braved having our entire family together for the big dinner. I love to go to my Aunt and Uncle's house for the company, spacious home and beautiful yard. Sterling, however, loves the Chandler's house because they have their own chickens (among cows and turkeys and. . .). John and Gaby's five-year-old son, Jacob, has so kindly taken Sterling under his wing (no pun intended) to tutor my city slicker about fine country living (at it's best-right Gaby?). This curriculum includes how to properly catch a chicken, and regardless that Sterling is my son-he makes a pretty good study!


If you have the patience to watch a sideways video-this is pretty funny.




6 comments:

  1. That was so awesome! Good 'ol Sterling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the best part of after-dinner activities (or was it before dinner? the turkey made me delirious). I'm pretty impressed with Sterlings progress, especially since neither Kaden or Addyson would even try to touch them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - you changed up your blog! Nice!! :) I liked the picture of Sterling holding that chicken!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chicken never stood a chance! Love those boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, how'd I miss out on that! Hilarious, plus I hear Dad laughing in the video...Good times!!

    ReplyDelete