July 5, 2009

The 4th of July

This is officially my first unassisted blog post. Those of you that know me well, can attest that I am a creature of habit. I eat the same chocolate, peanut butter, banana and spinach shake for breakfast every morning for a reason-I don't like change. So starting this blog is equivalent to asking me to eat a waffle for breakfast tomorrow morning. I mean who doesn't like waffles? I like waffles. But now I am going to have to locate my waffle iron, find a recipe and take at least a half of an hour out of my finely tuned daily regimen. (I have the shake down to 3 minutes flat!) So here it goes. We spent the 4th with my my brother Steve and his family at their new home in Visalia California. Smores were only one of many activities that we were able to participate in on the 5 acres that they live on-most of which were foreign to my city slicked children and their mother. Swimming, riding the quad and playing baseball (they actually have a backstop in their backyard), were among the kids' favorites. I personally enjoyed the grand finale of the week which included old school sparklers and a few semi-legal fireworks courtesy of Battle Mountain, Nevada. I guess this post wasn't as painstaking as I anticipated. All of a sudden waffles sound quite delicious! Here's to trying new things. Bon appetit!

4 comments:

  1. I wish we could have been there. Sounds like fun. Did you make holiday waffles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny! Welcome to te wonderful world of blogging. So much better then facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up!!! It was a lot of fun and we are ready for you guys to come back. I am so proud of you- you better keep up on the blog people get mean when you don't stay up on it. See you in a few days for COLDPLAY!!!

    ReplyDelete