August 25, 2010

The dreaded school year

(Kaden and Sterling's first day of Kindergarten and Second grade)
After my 3rd son in three years was born, and I was cognizant enough to figure out the difference in their "school age", I waited in fear for the 2010-2011 school year. Sure, I had apprehension about my darling little Sterling starting all day kindergarten. Of course, there was natural trepidation when my sweet Kaden wanted to go to class without my assistance. And we all laughed when Jackson had to carry an empty lunchbox to fit in with his older brothers. (Jackson also didn't understand why there wasn't a "Jackson K." name tag in Sterling's Kindergarten class!) But the source of my deepest dread comes from a much more selfish place. This is the first year that I have 3 children on 3 completely different school schedules-ugh!!! I have a preschooler, a kindergartner and a second grader. Although I managed to get them close to the same campus, it was impossible to get pickup and drop off times that coincide. The upside? I have one whole hour on Mondays and Wednesdays where I am in possession of no kids of all. (Of which I blew today-blogging) The downside? Everyday is divided into useless increments of time: too short to go home and accomplish anything and too long to just hangout in the car. If I can just survive this year, I shouldn't find myself in this predicament again until Kaden starts high school-YIKES. But in the meantime, if you are tyring to get a hold of me, best to try my cell!

(Jackson, our little attention stealer, had to say "cheese")

5 comments:

  1. oh. my. gosh. you have the most handsome boys! :) i'll text you at random times during the day just to break up the monotony of being in your car. hehehe, it's only one school year.... you can make it! {and you didn't "blow" your free hour blogging -- that was a perfect way to spend an hour!!!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lunch boxes! Jack makes me smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good-looking boys! You'll have to stock your car full of good books for all the waiting time. Or, talk your hubby into buying you an iPad so you can blog on the go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your blogging!! Also... I know you watch Oprah... aren't you making your car "a no phone zone"! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey didn't you know this is what's keeping you so young, okay, how about so in shape!! You're a great Mom and one day you will look back and say, "Oh those were the days!!)

    ReplyDelete