June 27, 2010

Go Cheetos!!

Sterling is playing his third year of summer soccer. Last week, while Sterling was suiting up for his game, littlest brother Jackson rounded up a retired soccer jersey and declared, "Get dressed, play soccer"! So we let him wear the old jersey and told him to go get his sandals when he then insisted, "No, socks and cleats!" I spent last week's game cheering on my little superstar Sterling (no really, he's pretty good this year!), and consoling my wannabe star Jackson on the sideline. Silent alligator tears ran down my three-year-old's face as I tried to explain to him that he couldn't play soccer today.
Coach K (daddy), made a quick call to the athletic director and guess who's the newest player/mascot addition to the Cheetos (can you see the color of their jerseys)? JACKSON!! Problem solved: Daddy coached, Sterling scored plus Jackson ran around in the backfield- equals two happy little boys. YAY!!

5 comments:

  1. That is seriously THE cutest picture! Is Sterling's jersey # the number of goals he scored that game? :) Love your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love my Cheetos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! I can picture the whole thing.
    p.s. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend...well really the boys and Matt!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and it's even funner to see them play in person! Love those guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister Tracy would be so proud of Sterling not just because he loves soccer but he is #11. That was her # for all the years she played. We tried to get that number for Mason but no luck. He got # 22. Close!

    ReplyDelete