February 28, 2010

Become the girl of your dreams. . .

I have the opportunity to work with the youth group in my church congregation. I work with a board of seven extremely talented women, and at any given time we have approximately 35 amazing girls between the ages of 12 and 18. We coordinate the Sunday instruction supplemented by a mid-week activity.
This week's activity was an annual program called New Beginnings where we celebrate all that is wonderful about being a Young Women in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! The theme was "Become the girl of your dreams", and a program was featured that encouraged the girls to really think about the person they would like to become and what goals they need to set in order to do so. We wore PJ's and ate popcorn and the featured speaker (my mom, of course!) told a "bedtime story".
It is such a privilege to be a part of these girls lives. The truth is they have truly blessed my life far more than I have influenced any of them-and for that I am grateful!

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and your YW makes me smile. I'm sure they adore you and that you are such a blessing to them. Wish I was in your ward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to know who provided the Twilight posters... AMY? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures do not do it justice. It was amazing as you and your board are too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! You weren't kidding when you said it was amazing. It truly is amazing! That looks like a lot of fun.
    PS We had fun this weekend and excited to have you guys here soon!

    ReplyDelete